Are you in search of new work gloves but unsure where to begin? This article provides an informative guide to choosing the right pair that suits your needs and safeguards your hands on the job. Construction, landscaping, or another industrial role – regardless of what you do, possessing the optimal pair of work gloves is crucial for hand safety. Looking to find the best work gloves for 2023? We outline our most popular models, as well as key factors in selection.
There are a few key factors to consider when choosing the right pair of work gloves for your needs. First, you’ll need to think about the type of material the gloves are made from. There are many different options available, each with its own set of benefits and drawbacks. Leather, for example, is tough and durable but can be pricey; synthetic materials like nylon or polyester are often more affordable but may not hold up as well to heavy wear and tear. There are also low-cost and durable string knit, PVC, and cotton work gloves.
Types of Work Gloves
– Disposable gloves: These gloves are made from latex, vinyl or nitrile and are designed for single-use only. They are typically used in food service or healthcare settings. There are sizes and colors for men and women. And they are from best-selling brands like MCR Safety, Global Glove, and PIP.
– Performance gloves: These gloves are made from materials such as leather, string knit or nylon and can be used multiple times. They are more durable than disposable gloves and offer better protection against cuts and punctures. Performance work gloves are worn for automotive, manufacturing, and construction jobs.
– Chemical-resistant gloves: These gloves are made from materials such as PVC, nitrile, or rubber and are designed to protect hands from harsh chemicals. They are ideal for workers in agricultural, sanitation, and processing industries. Popular series of chemical-resistant gloves are MCR Safety Predator, PIP MaxiDry Plus, and PIP MaxiChem.
More Work Glove Types
– Heat-resistant gloves: These gloves are made from materials such as leather, cotton, and Kevlar and are designed to protect hands from extreme heat. And most of these gloves meet ANSI and HRC safety ratings for the job site. There is also heat-resistant work gloves designed for welders including Mig/Tig.
– Cold-resistant gloves: These gloves are made from materials such as cotton, leather, rubber, or nylon and are designed to protect hands from extreme cold. They are insulated and have outer shells that create a barrier to the cold. And some styles are also water-resistant or have thermal liners. Wear cold-resistant gloves during the winter months for outdoor jobs, or year-round for jobs in cold storage, freezer stocking, or fisheries.
– Leather work gloves: Leather work gloves are a must-have for any worker who wants to protect their hands from harsh conditions. They are made from high-quality leather like goatskin, deerskin, cowhide, and pigskin. The leather material is tough enough to resist abrasion, cuts and punctures, while remaining flexible enough to allow for a full range of motion. And leather work gloves are designed to provide a secure fit and are often reinforced with padding in high-wear areas. They are perfect for construction workers, welding, ranchers, mechanics, and other tradespeople who need a reliable pair of gloves that can stand up to heavy use. There are leather work gloves from popular brands like Radians, MCR Safety, and Pyramex.
Find the best fit
Next, you’ll want to consider the fit of the gloves. They should be snug but not too tight, and they should allow you full range of motion in your hands and fingers. If they’re too loose, they could fall off or get caught on something; if they’re too tight, they could be uncomfortable or make it difficult to grip tools or materials.
When it comes to choosing the best work gloves, there are many factors to consider. With so many options on the market, it can be difficult to know where to start. However, by keeping a few key points in mind, you can narrow down your options and find the perfect pair of gloves for your needs.
In this section of our guide, we will take a look at some of our best work gloves for 2023. We’ll also provide an overview of what to look for when choosing work gloves, so you can make an informed decision about which pair is right for you.
Our Top 5 Best Work Gloves for 2023:
1. PIP 34-874 MaxiFlex Ultimate Seamless Knit Nylon/Lycra Gloves
Designed and developed as a breathable glove, MaxiFlex Ultimate has become the benchmark for precision handling in dry environments.
2. PIP 39-1310 G-Tek GP Economy Grade Seamless Knit Cotton/Polyester Gloves
Ideal for assembly, construction, inspection, material handling, refuse handling, landscaping, and gardening. This glove features latex “crinkle” coating that provides superior grip in wet and dry conditions. And a knit wrist helps prevent dirt and debris from entering the glove. The seamless cotton/polyester knit shell is comfortable and flexible. There is also an ergonomic shaped curved finger pattern and breathable back for comfort.
3. MCR Safety N9690 Ninja Ice HPT Foam Coated Gloves
MCR Safety Ninja gloves are designed to be the most innovative hand protection available. They are made with a unique combination of shell and polymer materials that incorporate the latest hand protection technology. And our Ninja series offers the best balance of dexterity, sensitivity, and protection. The Ninja Ice gloves have a 15 gauge black nylon shell with a 7 gauge acrylic terry interior liner. And black HPT-coated palm and fingertips.
4. PIP 33-G125 G-Tek GP Seamless Knit Nylon Gloves – Polyurethane Coated Smooth Grip
Meet ANSI Cut Level 1 ratings. A seamless knit nylon shell offers increased comfort, finger dexterity, and breathability. And Polyurethane (PU) coatings offer great puncture and abrasion resistance while offering excellent tactile sensitivity. A knit wrist helps prevent dirt and debris from entering the glove. And there is a breathable back for comfort.
5. MCR Safety N9680 Ninja Flex Latex Coated Gloves – 15 Gauge Nylon Shell – Red
The Ninja Flex features a 15 gauge red nylon shell for comfort and dexterity and a rubber latex coating for excellent grip. These rubber latex-coated gloves are also sanitized with Actifresh to eliminate odors and bacteria.
Finally, deciding on the right pair of work gloves for your needs is crucial for staying protected on the job. There are many glove options including performance, leather, and string knit ideal for different tasks. And we hope this in-depth guide helped you choose the best work gloves for 2023 from one of our best-selling brands.